Deadline: September 23, 2016.
The University of Waikato is offering Computer Science Scholarship for New Zealand residents and non-residents enrolled in a New Zealand high school. These scholarships will cover tuition fees payable for the first year of study towards a BCMS, BSc or BE degree (in one of the computing streams) at Waikato University.
The purpose of the University of Waikato Computer Science Scholarship Examination is to determine whether new students have sufficient proficiency in the subject to merit placement in the more senior papers.
The University of Waikato, informally Waikato University, is a comprehensive university in Hamilton, New Zealand, with a satellite campus located in Tauranga.
Applicants whose first language is not English are required to provide satisfactory evidence of English language proficiency, generally in the form of an IELTS or TOEFL score.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing the undergraduate program.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of computer science.
Scholarship Award: Benefits of completing the examination are:
- Up to 10 students may be awarded a scholarship to pay for fees, to the value of $5,000, for their first year in a computing degree (BSc, BE, BCMS).
- Students who are not offered the scholarship may still be offered a place in advanced computing courses in their first year.
Scholarship can be taken in New Zealand
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following guidelines
- All scholarship candidates must either be New Zealand residents (proof of citizenship or permanent residence may be required before the candidate is allowed to sit the examination) or be nonresidents enrolled in a New Zealand high school.
- Any student awarded a University of Waikato Computer Science Scholarship must meet the entry requirements for the degree they choose to do.
- The scholarship examination is open to Year 12 and Year 13 students only
Nationality: New Zealand or international students studying at a New Zealand High School can apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have completed Year 12 from a New Zealand high school.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are required to provide satisfactory evidence of English language proficiency, generally in the form of an IELTS or TOEFL score.
How to Apply: Please email completed registration form or post to Scholarship Administrator, Department of Computer Science.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 23 September 2016.
Visit the Official Scholarship Website for more details.
For more scholarship offers click here