Deadline: November 4, 2016 (spring); January 20, 2017
Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) is offering a fully funded scholarship for international students. The scholarship is available to pursue an undergraduate programme for spring and fall 2017 intake.
The main objective of the scholarship is to provide high quality, comprehensive educational and training opportunities that are compatible to changing needs of the students.
Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) is the first and top science & technology research university in Korea. Founded in 1971 to raise elites in science & technology, critical for Korea’s economic takeoff, KAIST has been the gateway to advanced science & technology, innovation, and a driving engine for the development of Korea for past 4 decades. KAIST has always been touted as Korea’s top-notch research university of science wunderkinds and world famous faculty members. KAIST strives to address global challenges facing humanity through competitive research innovation and convergence. In order to meet the new demands of producing young talents who care for global citizenship and social responsibility, KAIST now offers cross-disciplinary academic and research.
Candidates are strongly recommended to achieve above TOEFL iBT 83, TOEFL PBT 560, TOEFL CBT 220, TEPS 599, IELTS 6.5 and TOEIC Listening & Reading 720 or higher.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing the undergraduate programme.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded to study all the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: KAIST provides full scholarship (tuition and fees) and monthly allowances for admitted students. A monthly allowance of 200 ~ 300 USD (200,000 ~ 350,000 KRW, not including dorm fees) and the national health insurance fee are supported by KAIST. The dormitory will cost 100 USD per a month. However, student must receive good grade at KAIST to maintain the scholarship
Scholarship can be taken in South Korea
Eligibility: International candidates must meet all of the following requirements:
- Spring Semester: He or she has graduated or will graduate from his or her secondary education by February 28th, 2017.
Fall Semester: He or she has graduated or will graduate from his or her secondary education by August 31st, 2017.
- He or she is not a citizen of Korea. (Korean citizens who hold dual citizenship are not eligible to apply as foreign students.)
Nationality: International students can apply for this scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Students must maintain GPA over 2.7 out of 4.3 at KAIST.
English Language Requirement: Candidates are strongly recommended to achieve above TOEFL iBT 83, TOEFL PBT 560, TOEFL CBT 220, TEPS 599, IELTS 6.5 and TOEIC Listening & Reading 720 or higher.
How to Apply: Application form should be submitted online. The required components for complete application packet are as follows:-
- Statement of Financial Resources – KAIST Scholarship (original)
- Statement of Financial Resources – Sponsorship (original)
- One Recommendation Letter (original)
- Secondary / Tertiary School Profile (copy)
- High school / University Transcript (copy)
- Standardized Official Test Report (copy)
- English Proficiency Test Report (copy)
- Passport or National ID (copy)
- Certificate of the Facts Concerning the Entry & Exit issued by the Korean Immigration office (original)
- Loss of Korean Nationality (original)
- Honors and Awards (copy)
Application Deadline: The applications deadlines are
For Spring semester: September 5th, 2016-November 4th, 2016
For Fall semester: December 1st, 2016- January 20th, 2017
Visit the Official Scholarship Website for more details.
For more scholarship offers click here.