Deadline: July 28, 2017.
DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) invites application for DAAD In-Country / In-Regions Scholarship funded by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). These scholarships are available for Sub-Saharan African applicants to pursue master and doctoral study in Africa.
The aim of the scholarships is to promote the study of Sub-Saharan African Students.
The DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service), as a publicly funded, self-governing organization of the institutions of higher education in Germany, promotThees international academic exchange as well as educational co-operation with developing countries through a variety of funding and scholarship programmes.
Course Level: These scholarships are available to pursue master and PhD programme.CLICK HERE FOR MORE SCHOLARSHIPS IN EUROPE
Study Subject: These scholarships are awarded in the following fields:
- Plant Breeding
- Plant Health
Scholarship Award: These scholarships will cover the followings:
- Tuition fees Master in XOF- Country Group 1*:50,000 XOF Country Group 2**:400,000 XOF Senegalese Students of ISEP: 90,000 XOF
- Tuition fees PhD in XOF- Country Group 1*: 75,000 XOF Country Group 2**: 1,000,000 XOF Senegalese Students of ISEP:90,000 XOF
- Study and research allowance in EUR- 460 EUR (Master) 920 EUR (PhD)
- Final allowance in EUR 1,025 EUR- 1,025 EUR
- Monthly Scholarship in EUR (Accommodation, Food etc.)- 300 EUR (Master In-Country) 450 EUR (Master In-Region) 500 EUR (PhD In-Country) 550 EUR (PhD In-Region
- Travel allowance in EUR (In-Region only)- 220 EUR (Neighbouring Country) 370 EUR (within Region) 690 EUR (across Region)
- Insurance- if applicable
- DAAD In-Country/In-Region scholarship holders are also encouraged to apply for a research grant in Germany for 2 up to 6 months. Please note: The short-term research stay in Germany should preferably be announced in the application for the regular scholarship. The short-term research scholarship includes:
- A monthly scholarship payment for living costs which amounts to 1.000 € per month
- health/accident/personal liability insurance
- A lump sum for travel expenses
Numbers of Scholarships: Seven scholarships are available three for the master program and four for PhD program.
Scholarship can be taken in Sub-Saharan Africa
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for the scholarship:
- Have successfully completed generally a three-year university degree
- (Master candidates) or a two-year university degree (doctoral candidates) with above average results (upper fourth of class)
- Clearly, show motivation and strong commitment
- Have thorough knowledge of the language of instruction
- Have completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application
- Must be nationals or permanent residents of a Sub-Saharan African Country
- Should generally be a) staff member of a public or private university, b) candidate considered for teaching or research staff recruitment, c) from the public sector or d) DAFI-Alumni (Albert Einstein German Academic Refugee Initiative)
Nationality: Sub-Saharan African applicants can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have a three-year university degree (Master candidates) or a two-year university degree (doctoral).
English Language Requirement: Applicants must have a thorough knowledge of the language of instruction.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online mode.
- First step:
- Applicants must apply for their studies at CERAAS using the contacts and the method that is prescribed by the institution. CERAAS has set their own deadlines.
- CERAAS will screen, pre-select (according to DAAD selection criteria) and shortlist the applicants. A detailed report consisting of the shortlisting procedure, the entire list of applicants, the ranked shortlist and the shortlisting panel members will also be availed to DAAD. The ranked shortlist will contain at least double or triple (optional) the number of scholarships that have been attributed to the institution. DAAD reserves the right of final selection.
- Second step:
- Pre-selected candidates are asked to log into the DAAD portal and register themselves and submit an DAAD application. The institution is requested to communicate the following information to the shortlisted candidates:
- Register online via the DAAD-Portal (if not already registered):
- Apply online via the DAAD-Portal under the tab “Personal Funding“/
- Documents to be submitted:
- DAAD application form duly filled (available in the DAAD-Portal)
- Hand signed curriculum vitae (please use the European specimen form at http://europass.cedefop. Europa.eu), including a list of publications (if applicable).
- Recommendation letter by university lecturers (Master 1, PhD 2)
- Official letter of admission or any other binding document guaranteeing admission to the host university / institution / network
- Certified copies of university degree certificates including transcripts
- Letter of motivation (if applicable: mentioning the planned research stay in Germany, see “Additional benefits”)
- Copy of the passport
- PhD candidates have to submit the following additional documents:
- Declaration of acceptance from the academic supervisor
- Detailed and precise PhD proposal, including detailed work and timetable (if applicable: mentioning the planned research stay in
- Germany, see “Additional benefits”)
- Abstract of the proposal on one page (please include name and title of proposal
Application Deadline: The application deadline is July 28, 2017.
Visit the Official Scholarship Website for more details.CLICK HERE FOR MORE SCHOLARSHIP UPDATES