Bangor University and the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission are jointly funding 6 scholarships for masters study at Bangor University in September 2017.
Application Deadline: 28th March 2017 (23.59 BST)
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Preference will be given to students from East and Central African Countries. We are especially interested in applications from strong candidates resident in Uganda and Kenya who are refugees, internally displaced or have otherwise been affected by conflict.
To be taken at (country): UK
Eligible Field of Study: The scholarships are open to students applying for the following taught masters programmes to begin their studies in September 2017:
- MSc Agroforestry
- MSc Conservation and Land Management
- MSc Environment and Business Management
- MSc Environmental Forestry
- MSc International Banking
- LLM International Criminal Law and International Human Rights Law
- MSc Public Health and Health Promotion
- LLM Public Procurement Law and Strategy
- MSc Wetland Science for Conservation
Eligibility: To apply for these scholarships, you must:
- Be a Commonwealth citizen, refugee, or British protected person
- Be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country, preference will be given to students from Central and East African Countries
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2017
- By August 2017, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours standard
- Not have studied or worked for one (academic) year or more in a developed country
- Be unable, either yourself or through your family, to pay to study in the UK
Number of Awardees: 6
Value of Scholarship:
- Approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award
- Tuition fees
- Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of £1,034 per month,
- Thesis grant towards the cost of preparing a dissertation, where applicable
- Warm clothing allowance and visa reimbursement, where applicable Study travel grant towards the costs of study-related travel within the UK or overseas
No additional allowances are available for spouses or other dependants
How to Apply: You must make your application using the CSC’s Electronic Application System (EAS). Click here for full information on how to use the EAS, including detailed guides.
Do not apply directly to Bangor University. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to make an application to Bangor University.
Award Provider: Commonwealth Scholarship Commission