Various Postgraduate taught Masters (MA, MSc) Scholarships for Students from Africa and other countries are available at University of Sheffield for September 2017/2018 intake.
Application Deadline: 23rd June 2017 | Offered annually? Yes
- East and South Africa: Kenya, Uganda, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi, South Africa, Tanzania, Mauritius
- Middle East and North Africa: Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Oman, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt, Sudan, Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco
- South East Asia: Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar (Burma), Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
- Hong Kong, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Japan, S. Korea, Norway, Turkey
To be taken at (country): University of Sheffield, UK
Subject Areas: Masters courses offered at the university
About Scholarship: The University of Sheffield offers the Merit Postgraduate Scholarships to international students who show exceptional academic potential starting a postgraduate taught master’s programme at the University in September.
Each scholarship is worth 50% tuition fee discount of your postgraduate taught masters degree tuition fee per year, for one year of study. The scholarships will take the form of a tuition fee reduction.
Selection Criteria and Eligibility: The Masters Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit.
To be eligible for the Merit Postgraduate Scholarships:
- Applicants must have applied for and been offered a study place at the University of Sheffield to be eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Applicants must apply for a study place by Friday 16 June 2017 for entry in September 2017 to be eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- The scholarship application is a separate online process to applying for a course. A link to the online scholarship application will be sent by email to all eligible students from January onwards.
- The scholarship will be awarded on the the basis of academic merit and the supporting statement. The final decision will be made by an academic panel.
- The scholarship can be awarded in conjunction with other University of Sheffield scholarships as long as the individual does not become fully funded, for tuition fee purposes, as a result of the sum of these awards.
- The scholarships will take the form of a tuition fee reduction only.
- You must be self-funding and classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- The scholarship will not be awarded where partial funding is applicable from an external body* and there is an agreement already in place between the external body and the University of Sheffield to offer a tuition fee discount to the student.
- The scholarships are for full-time and part-time students only. Students studying online or via distance learning are not eligible for the scholarships.
- Part-time students will receive the full value of a one year of scholarship split pro rata over the duration of an equivalent single full-time academic year.
- These scholarships exclude postgraduate courses in Clinical Dentistry.
- Overseas students registered on partnership programmes will only be eligible for a proportionate amount of scholarship reflecting the percentage of the programme studied at and percentage of the tuition fees paid to the University of Sheffield. E.g. studying a 50:50 course with the University of Sheffield and another institution where the fees paid to the University of Sheffield are £8000, a scholarship will be applied which represents 50% of the full scholarship amount.
Value of Scholarship: 50% tuition fee discount
Duration of Scholarship: The scholarship will take one year of postgraduate study
How to Apply: If you wish to be considered for this scholarship you need to apply. Eligible students will automatically be sent details of how to apply from January onwards.
Sponsors: University of Sheffield, UK
Important Notes: Applicants cannot apply for the scholarships before being offered a study place at Sheffield.